Trainings and Workshops
Further your professional development, increase your star license rating, improve your quality of care, earn needed Continuing Education Units (CEUs), improve your parenting skills and more! RCCR&R offers training opportunities to expand on previous learning and to enhance the educational levels of teachers.
All trainings are approved by the NC Division of Child Development and Early Education, and are based on their approved In-service Training Topic Areas. Our training unit offers workshops to expand on previous learning and to enhance the educational levels of teachers. Trainings are offered at least twice a week by a staff of dedicated professionals, providing trainings to accommodate different adult learning styles, while using various teaching methods.
Division of Child Development in Early Education Training Offered
- Planning a Safe, Healthy Learning Environment
- Children’s Physical & Intellectual Development
- Children’s Social & Emotional Development
- Productive Relationships with Families
- Program Management
- Observing & Recording Children’s Behavior
- Child Growth & Development
- Inclusion of Children with Special Needs
In addition, we offer specialty training in the following areas:
- Basic School-Age Care (BSAC)
- Get Ready, Get Set, GO!
- CPR / First Aid
- Playground Safety
- Health & Safety
Browse GCD’s upcoming workshops and get registered. Please note: credit to another class will only be given if you cancel at least 24 hours in advance, or if you call due to an emergency by the following day. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you will not be admitted.
Randolph County Workshops
- Randolph County Training Calendar (Jan. – Mar. 2021)
- Randolph County Workshop Descriptions (Jan. – Mar. 2021)
- Early Education Explorations (Jan. – Mar. 2021)
- Randolph Ready COVID-19 Warriors (Fall 2020)
- Art Explosion 2021
- Child Development Training Series – Diversity in Child Development
- Four Core Strategies for Managing Stress and Anxiety
New Online Training
Bundle and save on the latest online trainings.
Healthy Brains for Babies
Can infants experience stress? How? Participants attending this learning event will be able to list at least 4 factors that may influence brain development, state the importance of forming attachments with infants and young children, and provide an example of play-based learning in an everyday activity. When: Self-paced online | Cost: $15 per person | Credit: .2 CEU
Homelessness in Afterschool
Participants in this course will learn about the federal act that helps homeless children and youth stay in school, potential warning signs of homelessness, and strategies you can implement in your before/afterschool program immediately to help meet the needs of this population. When: Self-paced/on-demand | Cost: $15 per person | Credits: 2 CEU
Child Care Provider Online Trainings
In partnership with Southwestern Child Development Commission, Guilford Child Development RCCR&R is proud to offer early childhood educators options for online learning. Click here to see a full list of courses currently offered. Check back often to view additional coursework added to the platform. When registering, use CCRR Code: CCRR11.