Children who do not receive proper nutrition risk inadequate physical and mental growth. To insure children have access to nutrition that is essential to their development, Guilford Child Development provides more than 1,900 nourishing meals to children in each of its 13 childcare centers, and provides licensed childcare centers and family childcare home providers with nutrition education and financial reimbursement for part of the cost of meals served to children in their care.
Child & Adult Care food program
The Child and Adult Care Food Program is part of the National School Lunch Act, and provides childcare operators with nutrition education and financial reimbursement for part of the cost of meal served to children in their care, giving providers an opportunity to increase their earnings and receive assistance with meal planning.
Additional Provider benefits include:
- Access to resources that promote proper nutrition and healthy eating, and
- Nutrition related training opportunities
To be eligible, providers must serve USDA approved snacks and meals. Would you like to increase your earnings and receive menu ideas and information on good nutrition?
For more information or to apply:
Phone: (336) 369-5039
Fax: (336) 691-6469
Toll Free: (800) 289-5098
Email: Nancy Bartlett
How do children and parents benefit from the Child and Adult Care Food Program?
Through the Child and Adult Care Food Program,
- Receive nutritious meals and snacks
- Develop good eating habity
- Develop fit bodies, strong teeth, and alert minds
- Be assured that their children are eating healthy meals and snacks at no extra charge to them
- Receive nutrition information