Help children and families reach their full potential.
We are a family of employees driven by a shared vision that makes every day and every aspect of our work more meaningful. If you are looking for a career that leverages your passion and professional skills, we offer a broad range of career opportunities for talented and motivated professionals from a variety of disciplines.
Guilford Child Development offers an attractive compensation package that helps our employees feel physically, financially and professionally empowered. Benefits include
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance—2x annual salary (company paid)
- Long and Short Term Disability (company paid)
- Tele-a-Doc Services (company paid)
- EAP Services (company paid)
- Paid Vacation Time—up to 12 days annually
- Paid Sick Time—up to 12 days annually
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan with company match
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Cancer / Accident Plan
- Additional company paid 5% annual Money Pension Purchase Plan
- Paid Training
- Work / Life Balance Incentives
The T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship Program offers scholarships to childcare workers to complete course work in early childhood education and to increase their compensation. Learn more about T.E.A.C.H. and our Career Path for Teaching Professionals here.
Other GCD Teaching Positions
GCD Center Director
- Minimum BA in Child Development/Early Childhood Education and Administration
GCD Head Start Teacher
- Minimum BA in Child Development/Early Childhood Education
- BK License (NC Pre-K teachers only)
GCD Head Start Teacher Assistant
- Minimum Requirement – AA in Child Development/Early Childhood Education or AA out of field and an additional 12 semester credit hours in ECE.
- Must work toward obtaining a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education.
GCD Substitute Teacher/Floater
- Minimum Requirement – CDA, Introduction to Early Childhood (EDU 119 or NCECC I, II) and 6 early childhood credit hours
- Preferred: AA or working toward AA in Child Development/Early Childhood Education (ECE) within 6 months of hire (minimum of 6 documented semester hours per year)